Friday, August 10, 2007

The Look of Love

My major inspiriation...




I want so badly to be able to achieve this sort of warm glow at my reception. The photo on the top is so close to what I have in mind that if you took out those tables you'd pretty much have it. The lanterns & twinkle lights are spot on.
The photo on the bottom is so romantic. Again, those lights and the autumny feel are just perfect.

I don't know who this little girl is but I love the pathway behind her. That's something i'm going to shoot for. Perhaps on the path from the barn to the bonfire and surrounding the garden. Lovely.

Replace those beautiful flowers with some beautiful autumn leaves (courtousey of my new Mother in Law who will be bringing them with her from West Virginia) and you've pretty much got my centerpieces. I'm thinking dark brown tablecloths instead of white so that the leaves will really pop. By the way, said tablecloths won't be cloth at all, but instead paper. I know it sounds strange but it was *so* much cheaper than renting and I think they're actually quite nice! Also there's none of the hassle that comes with renting, and if anything gets on them it's no big deal.



Instead of getting married under an arch of some sort (which isn't really my style) I've decided we're going to string up some flower heads (fake I'm certain, but who will notice?) and hang them like these in the photo behind us as our backdrop. Our wedding will be held in the garden so these beauties will be hanging from the trees. So romantic. I think we'll add some ribbon in there too just to give it weight.


Isn't that the coolest thing?! I'm going to figure out how to make these in bulk. I found this little sweetie on etsy.com (a wonderful site for homemade works of art) for sale by maryink and realized my ideas actually were possible! Yay! I'd been wanting to somehow put an autumn scene on a votive using ink & tissue paper and now that I know it's been done I just need to get to an art supply store!

No comments: