Wednesday, August 15, 2007

My Mother, the Artist

I come from a fairly talented bloodline if I do say so myself. ;) Artists, carpenters, musicians... all sorts of creative people.
So it didn't surprise me when I was emailing my aunt (aka wedding planner in the field) about my Autumny screen printed votives idea and she sent me these:





Aren't they lovely?? My aunt had my mother draw these up for her years ago for some reason or another (she's always having people draw things for her). I love them! They have such a soft, storybook quality to them. In fact, they're pretty much exactly what I had in mind, hah.

I'm hoping to print them onto vellum (or whatever ends up working) and then wrap that around my votives. Picture it in your head, it's beautiful.

I've had this idea for a while. I just had no idea how to do it. Anyhow after a trial and error (mostly error) session with sticky tissue paper, stencil paint, and a few glasses of red wine I've realized that without a screen printer my best bet may be the vellum printing option.

I'll give it a shot when I can get myself to a printer. I'm excited! Wish me luck!

No comments: